The need for our services is huge
People you know…family, friends, co-workers… have been served by the Children’s Developmental Center. From mild delays to serious issues, the Children’s Developmental Center stands ready to assist the child and family to improve an outcome for all concerned.
- 2% of babies are born with developmental disabilities
- 17% of children have some type of developmental delay
- 85% of developmental growth happens within the first three years
- 13% of all infants are born premature
- 1 child in 800 children is born with Down syndrome
- 1 child in 88 children is diagnosed with autism. Boys are four times as likely to be diagnosed with autism
- Approximately 10% of all newborns have prenatal substance exposure
- Over 90% of these same infants are sent home at birth without being identified or referred for services
During 2014-2015, over 600 infants/toddlers and their families
received early intervention services through the Children’s Developmental Center.
The Children’s Developmental Center is a 501©(3) organization that receives funding from a variety of different sources.
Our financial resources include:
- Insurance Companies,
- State of Washington Department of Health,
- School Districts,
- Benton-Franklin County Department of Human Services, and
- United Way of Benton-Franklin Counties.
Families are responsible for co-pays, co-insurance deductibles, etc. We process billing for our clients.
We, of course, could not provide our wide range of services without community support. Approximately, 25% of our funding is generated by donations, fundraisers, and grants.
You can donate now to the Children’s Developmental Center through a secure online portal.